Monday, September 1, 2008

Laborless Day...

This was a labor less day for me. How about you? Spent the day at home alone. Big daughter and her entourage left early this morning to go home. They'll be back in the wee hours of Friday morning. Probably won't see them much since they have scheduled a white water rafting trip for Friday and will go home on Sunday morning. I would go rafting with them but they are going on the upper Gauley and it is treacherous. I love white water rafting but don't like to do the extreme ones that they like. I like to stay in the raft and they like to be thrown out. They even ask for a specific guide that will throw them out. NO THANK YOU. I guess age has finally caught up with me. I used to be a water dog. Any time I was near a body of water I was in it above my head having a blast. My late hubby was fair skinned and didn't like being out in the sun because he always got burned. So for 21 years I got away from the water. Now it kinda scares me when I'm not in control. And in a raging river I'm definitely never going to be in control.

Here's a picture of the little one. She just couldn't stand the dead moths that were on my porch from the porch light. She must have picked up the broom about every 10 minutes finding something else to sweep up after she had gotten all the moths. Can't remember if I ever did anything like that when I was little. I can't imagine wanting to sweep anything. House work is not one of my favorite things in the world.

You know I think Cammy may have hit the nail on the head about my exercise in her comment on my last post. It's not that I don't like to exercise, it's just that I don't like exercising alone. Yep, she's right. Any time I have someone here I'm really anxious to get out there and do something exerting. I might even like it by myself if it weren't so dangerous where I live to do it alone in the wild. Because the wild is where I like to be. Guess you could just call me a "wild child old lady." There is a new exercise/mini-gym that opened up in a town near me recently. It doesn't appeal to me at all, so I guess I'm just the kind of person that likes to be outdoors when I'm getting fit.

So I guess tomorrow is the new Monday for most of you, heading back to work. Hope your long weekend was what you expected and that your short workweek is productive and fun.

3 comments:

Donna B said...

Hope to retire someday to an area that looks like where you live. It looks so peaceful and I LOVE nature! Find a exercise you like, even if it is walking. I bike alone, and it is my quiet time to reflect on my life. Sounds corny, but soemtimes even my hubby doesn't understand my feelings. I feel more content exercising alone, no competition. Just started the biking a few weeks ago, so I am new at it, but I enjoy it. Keep up the good work with your weight loss!

MaryFran said...

YOu know, not only is it more fun to exercise with someone. But I find the accountability of exercising with someone is a huge benefit!!!!!

Have a wonderful, allbeit quiet week!

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

Is there a hiking club near you? I'd think there would be. You might find someone (or several someones) to hike with there.

It's beautiful country where you are, and I wish you every opportunity to get out there and enjoy it!