Sunday, September 7, 2008

Hidey Ho, out there...

Yesterday evening did not go as planned. When we decided to go to the Oktober Fest at Snowshoe we had to change clothes and put on something warmer. By the time we did that it had started to rain. And since all the activities are outside up there on that cold mountain we didn't want to walk around in the rain. So we headed to Lewisburg to catch a movie and have dinner. Well...the movies that were playing sucked. We decided we'd just eat dinner and come home and see what was on Pay Per View instead. So we walked around the little town (which pulls the sidewalks in after five) and window shopped. We did find one gallery opened and enjoyed a lot of beautiful and expensive craftsmanship. Then on to dinner. When we first got to the town we weren't hungry and stopped to see what time the restaurant closed. So we came back later only to find out that we needed a reservation. What? Why didn't they tell us that when we asked about their closing. So we put our names in and waited another 45 minutes. This is the same restaurant I took Cammy too and their food is well worth the wait.

I was so surprised last night when I entered my foods from Friday (I forgot to do that Friday night) and Saturday. Both days it was just a little over 1200 calories. WooHoo! I still haven't stepped on the scales since my Wednesday weigh-in so I don't know how I'm doing. But my personal challenge is going well. How have I managed to stay off them? I just threw a towel over the durn things so I couldn't hear them screaming for me to step on them. I can still hear their muffled cries but not as loudly as before. And the muffled cries, I have been able to resist...so far.

Sorry I haven't gotten to visit any of your posts and comment but I was a busy person yesterday and I'm sure you understand. Will get to all of you as soon as I'm finished here.

The kids have already left for home and I am back in my routine. Setting here typing while sipping my morning coffee. Yep, we all slept late this morning.

Hope your Saturday was as happy as mine.

6 comments:

SeaShore said...

Congratulations for staying off the scales! Not something I could do, yet.

--cara said...

Wow, good job on staying away from the scale. Hiding it was a great idea. So when's the next bunch of company coming? Seems like your home is a revolving hotel now-a-days. :]

Now things are back to normal for a change, huh?

JC said...

Sounds like you had a great time even with the changes in plans. Thanks for the book's title. I'll look for it or any of his books. Grace and blessings to you.

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

I'm so glad you had a good visit, and yes, I can attest that the restaurant is WELL worth the wait!

Great job with the scale demon!

Donna B said...

Good for you in "hiding" your scale. I am learing A TON about weighing in every day and hope to post more info on my blog in the next few days. I know for sure after my trial week I am going back to only weighing at the most twice a week. Sounds like you had a nice weekend. Keep up the good work!

MaryFran said...

Yeah! I'm so glad to hear that even these days that you didn't journal your food entries right away that you have found that you are very close to your daily calorie goal!

I LOVED your description of how you stay away from the scales! I'm afraid that my co-workers have called the little men in white to come with a straight jacket though to take me away. I literally let out a great snort of a laugh when I read that....they all just looked at me like I was crazy!