Monday, September 15, 2008

Walking...

Now don't get excited out there. I haven't started my walking routine back up. Seems that I only get it in when someone is visiting and don't have anyone coming for another month. So, guess you know what that means...

Anyway, I was watching a news program yesterday and they had a doctor on telling about the benefits of walking. He said that walking 40 minutes a day will lower your blood pressure. He went on to say that it is more beneficial to do it in four 10 minutes walks disbursed throughout the day instead of all at once. Just a little tidbit from little ole me.

Just another lonely weekend for me. It's good not to have company because it really cuts down on the stress of getting ready for them but it sure is lonely too. Guess you just can't please me.

I researched the statement I'd heard of eating the same things day in and day out wouldn't produce a good weight loss. Or at the least would produce a plateau. Well, couldn't find any documentation out there that said it was bad. As a matter of fact what I did find is that it is a good thing. They said that if you find something you like while trying to lose weight that you should stick with it so that you will stick with your diet. As I remembered back to where I'd heard the negative statements about eating the same things, it was from WW leaders. The interesting thing that I found in my research is that even WW didn't mention it as a bad thing, so I wonder where the leaders are getting their training?

My eating is still the same. Haven't broken out of the tummy grumbling yet. But I am proud of my nutritious choices instead of the fattening ones. Guess I've finally gotten my head on straight.

Hope you have a wonderful week out there in blogland.

6 comments:

MaryFran said...

Whew! I'm glad that your research has not shown that eating the same foods causes plateaus! Because I sure am a creature of habit! :-)

The other good thing that you didn't mention about not having guests? The fact that you won't be as tempted with making poor choices in food. You won't have to have the 'bad' foods that tempt you around! I can almost always eat better when I'm on my own! (yeah, yeah, I'm also a social eater! LOL)

Donna B said...

Like the idea of the small spurts of exercise and I have been doing this a lot more lately by hopping on the exercise bike while I watch TV. Can you walk anywhere areound whre you live to get a little exercise? Hard to stay on track when you have guests, that is why I have a cupboard filled with 100 calorie snacks, they didn't get eaten this weekend! Guess I have to realize these are things we need to deal with he rest of our lives, so I better get use to it. Crature of habit I am, I eat similar foods daily, and still can see loses. Keep up the good work!

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

Good for you on the continued good snacking.

What if you started with two 10-minute walks? Or have you considered trying that Leslie Sansone (sp?) DVD program, Walk Away the Pounds? It's on my list for "one of these days", because I've seen so many bloggers write so highly of it.

Have a great week!

grammy said...

Hi, I got the bear picture. I rescued it from junk mail (it is helpful to have a filter, but can be so annoying) The pic is so cute. That is no small bear either. Can't wait to show it to the girls. Heres the thing (my 6 year olds grand says that) I challenge you to walk everyday this week and I will do the same. I have been so bad at it lately. I lost my pedometer and use that as an excuse. They are so helpful though. When you look at it and see only 1000 steps when you are suppose to get 10,000 a day, it spurs you on. I will say everyday in my blog this week if I have walked or not!

JC said...

Maybe WW leaders want us to eat more variety so we will eat more of their products. Ponder that one for a while.

Yes, I get to play Susie homemaker this year. I look forward to it and dread it at the same time. Have you ever experience that. I'm sure you have. You look forward to company but dread getting everything just perfect for them.

I've been hungry all day but I've eaten well but I understand the feeling. Maybe it is hormonal.

I like the idea of 4 ten minute walks. My blood pressure could use the help and so could my knee. HA

angie nicholas said...

I have eaten the same foods while dieting and have still lost weight. I have stayed the same for awhile and have needed to take something out or add more more of another thing if that makes any sence. hope you have a good week angie