Thursday, September 11, 2008

Sleepy Day...

Someone mentioned in a comment yesterday to just not have a splurge day this week. Can't remember who it was, wait, let me go check...Ah, yes, it was JC. You know that option never occurred to me. I just kept thinking what I could do all day long and didn't check my comments until after all the food was placed into my mouth. Duh, that would have been a great suggestion if I had read my comments before hand. Will have to try to do that in the future.

I decided yesterday that it had been a long time since I'd had a grilled cheese sandwich so that's what I had for lunch. Won't do that again because I didn't enjoy it at all since I didn't have any Velveeta cheese in the house and those are the bestest kind. Then I made my burger for dinner a little bigger than I usually do and used REAL mayo on it instead of the light kind. Now those two splurges weren't so bad and I was really proud of myself. Then while the doggies were outside for their last potty break of the night and I was standing in the kitchen waiting for them I hit the potato chip bag. That was horrible and I didn't count chips or anything. Just kept stuffing them in my face. UGH! I hate it when I do that. Didn't eat enough to make me sick (like last week) but believe you me I didn't have just one. So today is the first day of the rest of my life and I will be good! And from now on I won't splurge except on errand days when I can get something out that I don't have around the house.

One of my cats had a traumatic experience the other day. While I was letting the dogs out she darted in the house just as the screen door was slamming. Yep, caught her tail. The screaming started behind my back and to beat it all the tail was jammed. I had to really push hard to get it unstuck. She took off at a run for the loft and I couldn't tell her how sorry I was. About an hour later she came back down and wanted back out. She wouldn't let me near her for a while. But I went outside with her and sat on the steps and pretty soon she came over so I could see if there was any damage and give her some lovin'. She forgave me, whew.

I was awakened yesterday morning by a phone call after only 4 hours of sleep. (went to bed kinda late.) And it wasn't one of those short and to the point calls. Then had to shower and straighten up around here because Orkin was coming. I never know when they will show up so I had to get ready and wait. About 2:00 in the afternoon my eyes were drooping so I decided I'd wait for them on the couch while catching 40 winks. Just as soon as I drifted off the phone rang again. Was the Orkin man telling me that he was on his way and where he was at the time. I knew I had at least a half hour so my head hit the pillows again. As soon as I was drifting off that durn phone rang again. It was the same person as in the morning and couldn't get off the phone in a hurry. So needless to say I was really tired last night and couldn't stay awake to watch my usual TV shows. So I hit the sack at 9:00 PM. I woke up at 4:00 this morning and REFUSED to get up. I sure do feel rested today. Wonder what meanness I can get into today.

Until later..

9 comments:

grammy said...

Oh come on, you don't seem like you could ever be mean(o: If you have a message machine, turn the phone way down and put a pillow on top...I do that for a nap.(oh yeah, turn the message machine down too.) Yes, please send the pic of the bear at a picnic table. The girls would love to see it after hearing about our bear. I can't buy chips because no one can REALLY eat just one.

MaryFran said...

Ahhh chips! I am the same way. I keep shovelling them in like theres no tomorrow! If I buy chips, they are in the individual sized bags....keeps me in check!

Heather said...

Poor little kitty. It must have been scary for both of you. You must be on a first name basis with the Orkin guy by now :)

JC said...

I love potato chips and I never eat just one. On another site I saw a comment about zero fat potato chips from www.brothersallnatural.com. You might want to check them out. I went to their site and decided to give them a try. I'll post about them when I get them. One bag is only 50-60 calories. Must be really tiny bags. HA!!!

Pets are so wonderful. They always forgive.

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

I hear ya on the chips!
They cannot pass my lips
Or they show on my hips
and the tears will drip.

Ah, poetry... :)

I keep missing my monthly splurge meals because I can't figure out anything splurgy I want. LOL

Hope you get some sleep

angie nicholas said...

chips are evil. I am not buying them any more I did the same thing you did the other day and felt awe full. I hate when the phone rings and wakes you up. that is the worse thing in the world. have a good day and good for you on getting sleep. Angie

grammy said...

by the way here is my address richkinz at hotmail dot com I am honered to be in the addresses on your side column.

Tony said...

Chips are dumb. They aren't even that good, and I still eat the whole bag sometimes.

Anonymous said...

I know you keep snacks in the house for "guests" but I wonder if you might be secretly sabotaging yourself. Or even worse, keeping the snacks in the house and "saying" they're for company but really they're secretly for you to get into whenever you feel like a splurge? I know I've done that before. Right now, there's an extra bag of chips in the house for "daughter" but if I really dig deep, I know they're there for me when I have a week moment. :(