Monday, September 8, 2008

Some Ups and Some Downs...

Another horrible day yesterday. AGAIN... The ex-friend started with the harassing phone calls again. You'd think this person was 15 instead of a senior citizen. Anyway it had me upset all afternoon and evening. On the bright side my calorie intake was low. Guess I'm one of those people that don't eat when REALLY stressed. That's a good thing, but I don't think I want to lose weight like this. She leaves the state in the winter time, usually by October 1st. Maybe it will be sooner this year.

Still haven't been on the scales and I am really wondering if there's a difference. This is so hard. I think one of my problems was that when I'd see a slight loss and sometimes a "staying the same" it would prompt me to eat a little more than I should. So if I can keep this up maybe the weight will come off quicker.

I didn't even think about measuring myself before I started this journey. Sure wish I had. I measured myself right after I started blogging and was disgusted that I didn't have a true starting point. So I got to thinking after reading a fellow blogger that I could go to a clothing store web site and look at their size chart for the sizes I was wearing. When I did that it all started to click. I remembered measuring myself when I would order clothes online a few years ago and I remember that the sizes on the chart weren't exactly like my measurements, they were smaller than me. So I still used what they said as my starting point and that has really amazed me. I knew it had to be a lot because of dropping 4 jean sizes and 3 shirt sizes but wow. Unfortunately my waist isn't getting much smaller. :o(Not in comparison with the other measurements.)o:

Have you checked out my daughter Cara's blog site lately. She has updated her before and "during" picture. Just look at the amazed look on her face in the during photo. That's the look I had when I first saw her last month. I hadn't seen her since she started on WW and up until last month all I had to go on were photos she'd post or send me.

I was just looking back at some of my previous posts and had to laugh at Saturdays post. I'm not a short and to the point kinda person but that post surely was. I was so distracted that day with my oldest being here that I didn't even think about posting until late in the afternoon and then my thought was that I'd be struck with some sort of horrible illness if I didn't post. I have this thing in my head that I HAVE to post every day or the world might come to an end or something. Now that's what I call commitment. Course this blogging stuff is a real blessing for me. I have someone to talk to every morning on here. And reading and commenting on your blogs gives me some conversation with people instead of dogs and cats. You, my friends, are a real blessing. Thanks bunches for being here for me.

See ya later...

7 comments:

JC said...

Good Morning. I look forward to reading your posts every day so I'm glad you put forth the effort. Like you, I really should have taken pictures and measurments when I started. I just started keeping measurments about a month ago when I started to Curves. I'm not really sure about going by clothes measurments because I always bought stretchy stuff and stretched it as far as it would go. Hope you have a great day.

MaryFran said...

Hello! I'm with you,I really enjoy reading everyone's posts and talking out my feelings and thoughts within my own posts. It is quite cathartic! :-)

Ok, this ex friend just needs to grow up! You want me to come down there and set that ex-friend straight??? LOL Don't you wish life was that easy???

HUGE huge huge discovery to realize the sizing thing and how much you have altered yourself! And just think, you didn't even need the scale for that! (ok, easier said than done...I'm a weigh every day type of girl)

Donna B said...

OMG! I didn't realize Cara was your daughter! Cool!
In regards to the measurements....I found out that I use to practically pry myself into my fat clothes, so they never really fit and my measurements were larger than the clothing sizes. Gave up thinking about measuring this week, and will jsut take things a day at a time. Keep up the good work!

Anna Belle said...

Cara looks great. I know you are proud of her and I bet she is proud of you. Sorry about your friend maybe she will be gone soon. I should measure myself now since I've only just started. Great idea but I don't think I'll be posting it. HA!! Thanks for singing Happy Birthday to me. Weigh in is tonight, wish me luck. I'm going to be needing it.

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

Your blogging is a blessing to me, too! :)

Here's hoping your ex-friend either comes to her senses or goes to her winter home.

angie nicholas said...

hope things work out for the better with the ex friend. I know how stress full that can be. I am sure things will get better soon take care and good for you for staying off the scale sometimes that is for the best. take care Angie

grammy said...

Sorry to here about the friend thing. I am a peace maker, so it makes me crazy when someone is upset with me. Prayer helps. I have lost several sizes too. It is great, but the tummy is still there. `I need to exercise for that I guess, not just walking. Keep up the good work.