Friday, September 19, 2008

Gripes and Socks...

Today is Cara's birthday! Go on over and wish her a great day!

Yesterday wasn't so good food wise. I even went to where I log my meals (SparkPeople) and printed off several of my good days in the last month to see what I'd eaten that kept me full and not wanting to snack a lot. Now I have to review, review, review and make some plans so that I will have successful days in the future. Glancing at a couple of them I noticed that I had a whole tomato with my evening and sometimes noon meal. What am I going to do when the tomatoes are yucky? I just can't stand to eat those horrible winter tomatoes like that. I'm sure I'm not alone. When I can get them in the winter I usually get the hydroponic ones (and pay through the nose) because they are more like fresh, vine ripe ones but they are still not the same. And another gripe, I can't get my local grocery store to stock up on Brussels sprouts. They rarely have them and won't listen to me about stocking them. I can't understand this because when they do have them they are gone in a days time, so I'm not the only one around here that likes them. I have to stock up on the frozen bags of them when I go to Wal-Mart, which I will next week.

Okay, enough on the griping.

Gonna make a big pot of chili today and freeze it in one portion containers. It will probably last me a couple of months. Then tomorrow I'll do the same with spaghetti sauce. Don't know what it's like where you live but it's cool here. That's why I thought of the chili.

I've been crocheting a lot in the evenings while watching TV. Guess what everyone I know is getting for Christmas this year.
I've also got an afghan to finish that I started last winter. It's going to be 6'X6' and that sure takes a long time to crochet. It's also for a gift even though the recipient paid for the yarn. All the time involved in making something that large is sometimes overwhelming. I just couldn't make myself work on it this summer so since it's getting cooler out there I can now stand to have that warm thing on my lap while I work on it. I've also gotten two requests for toboggans and mittens. I'd better really get busy. Only 97 days left to get them done and I have to subtract some of those to allow for shipping.

Have a great weekend!

6 comments:

JC said...

I so admire your crocheting abilities. Hey, my email is jimmieme@hotmail.com. Guess you can figure my first name is Jimmie. Not many girls with that name. I'm looking forward to getting the receipes. Hey, if your going to Walmart check out their clothes. I've gotten some really cheep clothes there that have held up until I could "under grow" them.HA!!

Kate said...

LOL! I just finished off a bowl of my homemade chili I just thawed out. I also make a big pot, divvy it up, and freeze it. It's wonderful!

Have to agree about Walmart. I've been pretty pleased and surprised they have some wearable stuff there. I don't like to spend a lot of money because my body is changing so much... and I've just gotten down to a size where I can shop in thrift stores and find things, which is also a great experience ;)

grammy said...

Cute socks!! I was going to say in a blog a few days ago that it was 100 days till xmas...I missed it. lol Do you watch Ellen? Her mom sent her a pic of a bear sitting at a picnic table and she showed it on her show. Same picture I got...how fun (o:

Heather said...

Nice looking sockies! :)

MaryFran said...

Your socks are so pretty!

I'm with you, the cool weather just makes me want to curl up with 'winter activities' (quilting and things like that) and make warming foods (like chili)!!!!

It's getting cooler here also. And YES, it was the heater in the counter at my work that shorted out and caused a little fire in the 'innards' of the drive through at the bank where I work! NO fears though....the repair mechanic guy came out within an hour of the firmen leaving and it's all fixed up....I'll be toasty tomorrow at work (that is if I'm brave enough to turn on the counter heater again!)

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

I don't want to think about the demise of the tomatoes. I have at least one every day!

Nice socks! I admire anyone who can knit, crochet, quilt, etc. My grandmother is a quilter and my mother does needlework. The gene must occasionally skip a generation. LOL

Have a happy weekend!