Saturday, September 20, 2008

Short, Short...

Not much going on today and I have no epiphanies. So this will be short.

Eating was relatively good yesterday and so far today.

Got the chili made and most of it in the freezer. I'd almost forgotten how much I love the stuff and it sure is hard for me to have just one cup but that's what I do now. I'd really love to set down and eat it the way I used to but know that I would regret it later. I like it with cheese on top and a huge piece of cornbread soaked in butter. Oh, well those times are past. And one day I will have that again, AFTER, I'm at my goal weight.

Hope your weekend is a happy one.

6 comments:

Donna B said...

Good for you with your portion control on the chili. Same here with so many things I love. That is why one of the biggest changes I made was making only enough for the two of us, with sometimes a third serving that gets dished in tupperware BEFORE the meal for a later lunch. Keep up the good work. Cara got me biking and you got me interested in knitting again! Stopped at a shop nearby our house, ordered a pattern they were out of and raring to take a lession or two to refresh my memory! Been over 10 years! Thanks!

Heather said...

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm Chili :) :) :)

grammy said...

You should share your recipe for chili. Sounds good (because you like it sooo much). I like white chile, but not quie as good with 1% milk instead of cream. I will have to look at some WW web recipes for it.

Fatinah said...

eating it without the cheese and cornbread will just allow you to enjoy the taste of the actual chili all the more!

I hope you froze it in nice small portions so that you don't have too much thawed at one time!

MaryFran said...

Good job for keeping yourself under control with the portion size! That is something that I struggle with soooooo much!

JC said...

Well, I was out of town this weekend so I didn't make the chili. Hopefully next weekend. MY GOODNESS just the thought of warm cornbread soaked in butter has me dizzy. Haven't had that in over 2 years. Hope your having a great day.