Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Just More Ramblings...

Spent a lot of time reading again yesterday. I'm reading "Charade" by Sandra Brown. Not as good as the last one "Exclusive" but still entertaining.

Was supposed to take "the kids" in for grooming today but the groomer called last night to reschedule. She was going to be closed today for personal matters. I decided I'd just wait until next month and see how it goes. She assured me that if I couldn't wait she'd work me in with only a day or twos notice. I think I can make it unless they get into something stinky and I just can't stand sleeping with them. I think I've mentioned before that I can't bathe them myself because I don't have a bath tub or utility sink. I used to do it in the kitchen sink ::ok, everyone all together, EEEEEEWWWWWW:: and that consisted of a lot of cleaning and bleach afterward. I only did that a couple of times and then just decided to take them to the groomer to get bathed.

What's with this weather? It's already like fall here. And really interesting is that the past few days have been really overcast then the night times have been so clear that I had to close the blinds to keep the moon out of my eyes.

Yesterday's eating was much better than the past week. I cheated and stepped on the scales this morning and it showed no gain, YIPPEE, and no loss. Now we shall see what tomorrow brings with the official weigh-in. I've noticed in the past when I was weighing myself everyday that on Tuesday there would be a loss or stay the same and on the official day there would be a gain. Wonder if my body is telling me that it wants the official weigh-in to be Tuesdays instead of Wednesdays? Hmmmm.

Some comments have been left that I may be sabotaging myself by purchasing unhealthy snacks when I have company coming. That I may be secretly doing it for myself and not them. That may be the case. So when the next company comes, I'll let them bring their own snacks and just have stuff I can eat healthily in my cupboards. One of my favorite things lately for lunch is pretzels and cheese. Yummmmm!

Gotta go and read some more. It keeps my mind off my problems.

Later blog buds...

2 comments:

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

Or you could just pack up a snack bag with the "contraband" for the departing visitors to take with them. I've been known to do that, myself. :)

Good luck tomorrow with the weigh-in! (The official one, anyway.*g*) No matter what the scale says then, you've had a tough week and you managed it successfully. Score another one for Deborah!

MaryFran said...

Cheese and anything! YUM! :-)

Good luck with your official weigh in tomorrow! I've got my fingers, toes and eyes crossed for you!!! (even a couple hairs crossed also!)