Saturday, September 27, 2008

Let Them Eat Cake...

I finally figured out what happened that made my cake fall! Actually it was my daughter in NJ that brought it to my attention. But it's my blog and I want to take the credit. I live at 3100 feet above sea level and I keep forgetting that when I bake. Soooo, I looked at the box of angel food cake mix and saw the "high altitude" directions in little itsy bitsy teeny weeny type. So when I make the next one I'll follow those directions and it will probably be fine. I guess I didn't think about that because I don't bake very often and never have. I'm just a cook(er) not a baker at heart.

Eating has been on plan for this past week. Except the weigh-in day at the restaurant. Think I will rethink my splurge days and only have them on weeks that I show a loss as a reward instead of every week. They don't seem as important to me right now as they have been in the past. I've even been doing really well in the "snacking after dinner" respect. I've been trying to make sure I eat enough at dinner to get full and just talk to myself all evening telling myself that I'm not hungry and asking why should I eat if I'm not hungry. Then I allow myself a healthy dessert about 1-2 hours after dinner and sometimes that is all I want but most of the time I want something salty so I have a small 100 calorie pop corn or 100 calories worth of pretzels just before bedtime. I have discovered that if my tummy isn't a little full at bedtime I can't get to sleep. I just keep thinking about eating. And I realize that is all mental but it is still there.



Hope the rest of your weekend is a great one.

5 comments:

Donna B said...

Hubby and I almost always have a snack at bedtime - well a few hours before bedtime and it seems to help those hunger pains. keep up the good work and find out what is best for YOU!

MaryFran said...

People have asked me how I"ve lost weight, and I just say, I talk myself out of eating what I want (and talk myself into exercising...harder to do)! So I loved your post today!

OHhhh and link away to your hearts content. I'm putting the recipes up becuase I know how much I enjoy other peoples recipes and ideas...so it is well past time for me to give back after shamelessly scouring websites and blogs for recipes! SO feel free to link them or plain outright steal them if you want! :-)

JC said...

Glad the cake mystery is solved. I know I can't sleep when I'm hungry so I always have something like cereal or a WW frozen treat before bedtime. You are absolutly right it all starts in our mind. If we change our thinking we can and will change our world.

I bet the cake was still good. Now that is a good neighbor and I bet you look cute in your new jammies.

Have a great Sunday.

Tony said...

The splurge days as a reward after weight loss might be a good idea temporarily, but it might be better to think of how you want to plan them out long term since you are so close to your goal weight. Keep it up.

angie nicholas said...

giving your self a reward for losing weight may seem like a good idea to some. but not to others. but you have to do what works for you. I found that if I had the reward ,meal it turned into a reward day. your doing great glade you figured out what went wrong with the cakes Angie