Wednesday, September 10, 2008

I LOST...

Whoa, Cammy, you misunderstood (in your comment yesterday). I was referring to continuing with the once weekly weigh-in as to whether I'd stop or not. I most definitely wasn't referring to the healthy eating and the occasional exercise I get. Never fear girlfriend, I'm in this for the long haul. I certainly don't want you scouring all these mountains looking for me. You could get lost up here. I'd much rather give you directions so that I don't have to worry about you.

One and a half pounds gone this week! My experiment worked! You know what that means. I gotta keep doing it. Maybe this next week won't be as hard as the last one was. Those scales never stopped yelling at me when I walked past them, even with them covered up.

Since this is my weigh-in day it is also my splurge day and I haven't got a thing in the house I can splurge with (I don't think). The Orkin man is coming today so I won't be going to town for errands since I never know when he'll show up. Maybe I'll just splurge by eating more of the healthy stuff. That sure sounds boring, doesn't it?

Just got word through the grapevine that the ex-friend is on her way to her winter home. YAY! Now I can breath easier.

I never thought I'd be glad to be alone but these past few day have been heavenly without company. I've sure had a lot of it this summer. The only ones in the foreseeable future are a niece and nephew coming the 17th of October. And then Cara and her hubby may come sometime in October. At least that will give me some breathing room. And then the long, cold, hard, lonely winters will be here and I'll probably be wishing I had company coming. Never can please me.

Have a great day.

4 comments:

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

Good thing you caught me before I loaded up the car. :)

I'm glad you're in this for the long haul. You're over the halfway point; it would be a shame to give it up now.

Good note on the loss!!

Donna B said...

CONGRATS!
Knew you could do it. Keep up the good work, and splurge on veggies and fruit!

JC said...

YEA!!!!! for you!!!! Try this just don't have a splurge day this week. Just tell yourself, I'll have it next week and see how your week progresses. I've discovered I can do without a splurge day. Your comment on my last post cracked me up. You have indeed been doing it right. Over half way to goal!! I'm so proud as if you were my sister. Hey, I claim you for a blogging sister. O.K.

--cara said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

You certainly deserve a huge pat on the back for resisting that scale... or as my WW leader calls it "Mr. Squarepants". :]

So glad you finally had a big loss. You sure did work hard for it!