Thursday, September 4, 2008

Stress in My Little World...

What a day yesterday was! I'm glad it's over! Had a problem with a friend (well now ex-friend) and I still can't figure out what I did wrong. After talking to a mutual acquaintance (who had talked to both of us) I was told that I did NOTHING wrong. It was all her. Her jealously. But I won't go into it here.

The stress from yesterday has my system all off whack. As I write this my tummy is growling but I feel that if I put anything in it, it won't stay there.

Waiting for company to come and I really don't need that today but maybe it will get my mind off my problems. Gonna cook a pork roast and turn it into barbecues. That way everyone can enjoy, no matter what time they arrive and I don't have to keep food warm and worry about it not being any good left over. Barbecues are always good warmed over.

I think I should close this "bed and breakfast" for the year. I hope I don't get anymore company that isn't closely related and doesn't mind if I don't get the sweeper run.

Later y'all...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sorry you had to go through that. It's a shame she turned on you like that. You guys were getting along so well there in the beginning. Maybe someday she'll realize what a great friend she lost in you and come back. You should always keep your heart open for her, though, she needs a friend as bad as you do.

Mmmm. Barbecue!!! Oh, how I miss your barbecue!!! Daughter does too. Last night we ate a lite meal at the restaurant she works at and I got their dill chicken salad on a tomato (yum yum!) and I had her try it. She snubbed her nose at it. I said I thought you liked chicken salad. She said "if it was Grandmothers chicken salad, I'd eat it. I'd eat anything she made!" So she LOVED your cookin' while we were up there.

JC said...

Hey Deborah, Sorry I haven't been around in a while but oh my goodness my life has been hectic. By the time I get home and do my post I'm pooped.

Losing a friend is so hard. I leant a friend several thousand dollars a few years back and now I am treated like I did something wrong. Huge lesson learned. Very expensive lesson.

Shake it off and have fun with your company.

Heather said...

Rats. That sounds aweful. Hang tight Deborah!!! :)

MaryFran said...

Consider yourself hugged! It sounds as if you could use one! Don't let this other person, the ex-friend get to you. It hurts, but you will rise above that petty stuff!

Keep your chin up!

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

I'm soooo sorry for your stress! You do not deserve that! But yes, maybe your company will be a nice relief from the sadness/hurt/anger of losing a friend.

You've still got us, you know, and we don't really care if you EVER run the sweeper. :)

Big Hugs....

angie nicholas said...

sorry your having such a rough time. maybe as some else said the person will realize what a good friend you are and she will come around. I have dealt with people like that almost my hole life they blame you for something and you did nothing. anyway hope things quit down at your place soon sounds like you need a vacation. take care Angie

FluffyDonna said...

drama drama drama... her loss anyway. Clearly it was all her because you're freaking awesome.

I hope your company brings you laughter and good times. I would pay big bucks to stay at your B&B ;)