Saturday, August 23, 2008

The Last Day of Daughter's Visit...

The last of the busy days. We just returned from the Falls of Hills Creek. Was a little on the chilly side when we left and stayed that way until the last half hour. We packed a lunch and took lots of water and some protein bars. Had a protein bar on the way down then stopped half way up for our picnic. We walked on the rocks out to the middle of Hills Creek and sat on a bolder and enjoyed the nature around us while we picnicked. So wonderful to do something like that and with loved ones it is even better. [Burned 2242 calories in 3 hours.]

These 2 pictures are of granddaughter first in the middle of the creek (we haven't had rain in quite a while so there wasn't much water in the creek) and the second is of her at the bottom of the first falls.

Had a welcome surprise when we got home. There were 6 ears of fresh corn on the front porch. One of my neighbors had dropped them off for our supper. How sweet of her.

I really didn't start in the beginning of my day for this so I am doing a back-flash now to when I woke up. NO POWER! I couldn't believe it. It hadn't stormed or anything. I hooked up my cheap "power outage" phone and called to report it. Of course this time they knew all about it because they said it was a planned outage to replace some old equipment. I sure wish they'd get their act together and warn us of a scheduled outage. I really wanted to take a shower this morning but had to go on our walk stinky. And I wanted coffee. Having company in the house, three girls no less, we couldn't flush the toilet either. Bummer. I always keep a couple of gallons of drinking water on hand and a couple of gallons for flushing so we were really covered there but it was still an inconvenience. I had to laugh, Cara got the full feel of living where I do with the power outage and all.

I have 2 ATV's and a few days ago I took Cara and granddaughter out on them. I taught Cara how to drive and she in turn taught granddaughter how to drive them. They are having a blast with them. After the first outing for driving lessons I've been letting them take one by themselves and telling them where the boundaries are for riding and just letting them have fun. They are enjoying that as much as all the other stuff we've been doing.

Tomorrow will be a sad day. They are leaving for home at 6:00 in the morning. I will probably have a depressing day.

I am really going to have to work hard the next week to get back into my routine of eating properly. I was really surprised last night though. I hadn't been able to find protein bars around here and picked some up at Wal-Mart when we were there earlier in the week. Last night when I got the munchies I had one of them and it filled me up so much that I didn't want to snack all evening. I'm going to try that trick again and see if it was a fluke or it really helps.

Hope your weekend is a wonderful one.


JC said...

I've had such a good time reading your posts this week whether I had time to comment or not. Thanks for coming to see me even though you are busy. I feel so special.

Glad your going to be doing the 100 Day Challenge. Most of it we already know but she make some great points.

Hey I ate a power bar one night when I had the munchies and it woke me up. I was up blogging at 3 a.m. that was a week or two before my Israel trip. I took some with my just in case I didn't like the food. Of course, I loved the food.

I visited Cara's site. It is a great one. Grace and blessing to you.

MizFit said...

not hard work :)


youre so excited for this week to come to FOCUS on you again even though (sigh) youre sad to see them go.

hang in there and stay strong today---


Donna said...

what a beautiful granddaughter! =)

I'm sad that you'll be sad when their gone, it seems like you've really had such a great time with them!