Wednesday, May 21, 2008

I'm EXACTLY Half Way There!!!

Company coming again this weekend. Guess it's the nice weather and all the green on the trees here. This place is sooooo green in the spring and summer. It is one of the things that drew us to this area for our retirement. This county is mostly National Forest which means mostly wilderness. I just love it and guess my company does too.

Company coming means filling the cupboards with yucky stuff like real soda, real butter, real cheese, etc. I know that they would understand if I didn't but one of the "company" coming is my daughter from NJ and she is so skinny and I like to have the things she likes in the house. If it were just friends I wouldn't worry about it and they'd have to eat what I eat, but when it comes to our kids we tend to do extra things for them, don't we. So this means a trip to the grocery store is on the agenda for today. Then cleaning tomorrow since they will start to arrive on Friday. And since it was weigh-in today (lost another half pound and am at the exact half way mark) I get to splurge and have a hot dog today.

That happy feeling didn't last long. Just remembered that the propane ran out on the grill and have to take the container to be filled before the weekend and have to go to the dump to drop off all the garbage bags, YUCK!! I hate those tasks. So far I think that is the only reason I need a man around the house and that is NOT reason enough to get one. So there. Quit complaining, Deborah.

Started a new book Monday night and am half way through it. Was a rainy day yesterday and spent most of it curled up on the couch with the book. Only have one more in reserve so watch out Amazon, here I come. Think this time I'll order more than 4 so I don't have to order as often.

Have a great Hump Day!

4 comments:

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

Yippee-skippy!!! Congrats on getting to the halfway mark!! That will certainly help on a "party weekend."

so what are you reading?

MaryFran said...

Good luck with resisting the temptation of all the 'unhealthy' food in the house this weekend! And, just think of all the activity you are getting by running these errends instead of reading. Oh heck, I'd rather be reading also! Whatcha readin'?

Fatinah said...

congrats on being half way! how awesome!!

if you want the recipe - I have it copied already. just e-mail me: fatinahdc (at) hotmail (dot) com
and I will e-mail you the recipe!!

Heather said...

Congratulations! Awesome job! How exciting that your daughter was coming :)