Monday, May 26, 2008

Great Memorial Day Weekend

I had another fun day! Wow, two in a row! That's a record for me in about 2 years. The only thing that would have made it "funner," is if my baby girl could have been here too. (See yesterday's post for the other fun.)


We cut down trees yesterday. To see the before and after pictures you'll have to go to my photo gallery, but the one on the side shows what I now see from my porch swing (will post another one taken on a day when the valley isn't so hazy, there's a little town down there). Did you notice I said "we?" Well, my daughters boyfriend would ask me if I had a mouse in my pocket :o), but I helped too! I got to be the supervisor!! And believe you me that's hard work! (Yeah, right.) Well I did do a lot of walking up and down part of my driveway to supervise and I was so pooped last night I don't even remember turning over in bed to get comfortable before I nodded off. The muscles in my legs still feel rubbery today. I definitely logged that in as exercise. But, you know I couldn't find tree cutting anywhere on any of the web sites to tell me how much exercise I got. Bummer.

The tree cutting started off because in the summer time I have some tall trees that interfere with my satellite reception when the wind blows and I needed some taken out for that reason. Then we just got carried away and kept opening it up to give me the view my neighbors below me have. We cut about 15 trees down and after that I want more gone. Boyfriend was too tired to continue yesterday and they had to go home to NJ today so the next time they come he will do some more for me.

Got the hummingbird feeder hung in a different place so I can see it while I'm blogging. And that is a lot more fun.

We had a cookout in the evening and I invited a neighbor couple to join us. We had a good time. I fixed burgers on the grill, homemade potato salad, homemade baked beans, summer squash stewed with onions, "roas-n-ears" (for you non-mountain folk, that's corn on the cob), cucumbers, tomatoes and onions. And for the "piece de resistance," strawberry pie. It was soooooo good. I did really well staying on track with all that because (and I didn't tell anyone, but) I used all low fat or fat free stuff and Splenda in my recipes. They couldn't tell the difference. Then came late in the evening when everyone left and there were 3 ears of corn left and I just couldn't resist them (which threw me over the hill). With all the exercise I got it was a wash though and that was good.

Hope your holiday was just as good.

3 comments:

Heather said...

Great job making healthy versions of yummy things! :)

MaryFran said...

Sounds like a GREAT weekend! I love when I get my activity in so easily and get so much done at the same time. It's like 'two for the price of one'.

OHHHH Now I want to have some "roas-n-ears". My grandmother always used that term! Country folk that she was!

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

What a great weekend! I'm so glad you had such a fantastic time! And your "overage" was a vegetable, at least. :)

Your new view is divine!