Sunday, July 13, 2008

That's 2 Days Off, Will This be the 3rd..

I'm a little better today but not much. Thanks for your encouragement to just relax. I did take all of yesterday lounging and crying. At one point I was wondering whats the point of life, but I got over that after a good cry. Can't figure out why this ordeal is bothering me so. I usually bounce back after something like this and just get on with it. But for some reason it's hard to push it behind me this time.

I did get a surprising phone call the night of my ordeal. My late husbands grandson called me. I haven't talked to him since his "Pawpaw" died and I really missed him. I had tried to call both him and his mother several times, but they wouldn't talk to me, so I gave up after a year (it's been 2 1/2 years now). He appologized and said he was having a hard time coping and finally broke down and cried and decided it was time to get back in touch with me. He's 18 now and getting ready to start pre-med at Marshal in the fall. It should have lifted my spirits more than it did but I was really in a low mood.

Obviously I didn't get the walking in yesterday and I'm not sure I'm up for it today either, we shall see. Maybe by this afternoon I will be.

Have a dentist appointment in the morning so I may be a little late in posting tomorrow.

Have a good Sunday.


Pattie said...

I think you know that a walk would really help lift your spirits. I think when we're blue, it's so hard to push ourselves out the door. But I know I always feel so much better after.

I hope you can go, if even for a short ten-minute walk. May it clear your head and lighten your heart.

Hang in there, sweetie. We're all in your corner!

MaryFran said...

Ouch, I'm not surprised that you are still feeling a bit 'blue' after your ordeal yesterday! You poor thing. Don't stress about the walking. You need to get your emotions and yourself under control. That said, just remember how good you feel when you are done walking!

Cammy said...

Wow, you've had a double whammy: The Ordeal coupled with your husband's grandson's phone call (a good thing but no doubt it brought up some memories and such). Take time for healing, but try to marshal the strength that has gotten you this far. You're a strong, vibrant woman! I hope you can see that!

Big {{{feel better}}} Hugs!

MizFit said...

take care of YOU and walk today if you feel like walking.

hope youre waking to a brighter happier day.


Sparky said...

It is funny how we can get ourselves into a tizzy and it is hard to come out. I hope it is a beautiful sunny day there.

Donna said...

ugh, I'm sorry to hear about your emotional roller coaster ride. It sucks when you're already feeling down and life gives you more shockers - as if you needed more reasons to be emotional! PFFT!

Anyway, I hope you can get the rest of your (healthy) tears out and then get back to the exercise plan. Those bubbling endorphins will pull you out of the trenches. ;)

->cara said...

Mommy, I'm so sorry you're going through all of this. And all alone. I saw that you tried to call me this morning. Or rather, this morning, when I was leaving for work, I checked my phone and saw I missed the call from you. I looked at the time and I think it said Saturday. Ugh! I'm a horrible daughter. I sounds like you really did need to talk to me, to. After your ordeal!

What can I say, this is my rep, I'm never there when anyone really needs me.

I do agree with Pattie, though, get out and go walking. I know you'll feel better after you do. Besides, you're on such a roll with it. You don't want something like this to stop your momentum.

Wow, I am so glad he called you. I know that was a hard conversation. But I'm so glad he connected with you. And, pre-med???? Wow!!! I can't believe he's 18 already. I still see him as that little kid in your living room playing some board game with L. He was always a great kid, too.

I love you!!