Thursday, July 10, 2008

Ruminating on Mornings...

I hate MORNINGS!!!

I have no energy in the mornings. Not after 10 hours of sleep, not after 8 hours of sleep, not after 6 hours of sleep, or 9 or 7 or...you get the picture. Anybody else out there like this? I don't start feeling good until around noon (or at least 4 hours after getting up). And then it gets better from there. My body just doesn't want to wake up that early in the day. I think I could count on one hand the times that I have awakened felling perky. There have been some times that I went to sleep so late that I slept until around noon and I felt alright but not many. I've been this way my whole life. Getting up to an alarm clock for school or work was torture. Now that I'm retired I don't have to suffer that agony any more but I still hate MORNINGS! Enough of my complaining.

Ok, I have to fess up. My feelings weren't really hurt about yesterdays comments on my post (the first one yesterday). I just thought the second one yesterday would be a fun post. I was feeling kinda ornery and wanted to put some spice into this thing. Forgive me? The braless running was true though.

Well, I didn't make it off the mountain yesterday to run my errands so I will be doing that today. Had to set here yesterday and wait for the Orkin man to arrive and he didn't come until around 4:30. I really felt like going into town to do my errands after he left but one of them included the bank and they weren't opened that late so I had to wait until today. Since yesterday was a scheduled day off from walking I took it. Now I have to run errands and walk in the same day. Sure hope the ole determination kicks in this afternoon and I get them both done. Hey, I could strap on the HRM and iPod and bop through the grocery store. Think they'd send the men in white coats after me in the meat isle? Remember this is a REALLY small town and they don't see things like that around here so they probably would. Hey, I'd get my name in the local paper!

You should see their local paper. It comes out once a week on Wednesdays. Guess what's on the front page...the obits! Yep, here in this county that's how you get yourself on the front page of the newspaper..you have to die. Don't know who dreamed that one up but it's kinda gruesome to me.

Have a good day out there blog buds.

5 comments:

JC said...

Good Morning!!! This is what I say to my staff every morning and most of the time I get grunts in return. I am soooooo not a morning person and never have been. I function better around 9 am. Hopefully my boss doesn't read your blog. HA!!

Great on your running a lap. Your a better woman than I.

Thanks for coming by earlier. I'm still planning on posting some while I'm away. I'm getting them ready and setting them to post while I'm away. Just don't tell angry, stalking, robber dude. Hopefully he/she doesn't read your blog either. HA!!!

If I don't comment for a couple of weeks just know, I'll be back. soon.

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

I'm one of those pesky perky morning people, and I start fading by early evening.

I don't know about the bopping, but it would be kind of interesting to know what the HRM said you did during your normal errands.

Have a great errand day, and be careful!

Pattie said...

I'm with Cammy: I'm a pesky, perky morning person - who happens to have married a night owl. That caused lots of problems in the beginning! But now we're at peace: I wake up naturally on the weekends at the crack of dawn and have 2-3 hours to do my thing. Then I go to bed at 10:00-ish, and he has 2-3 hours to do his thing.

I love the panoramic photos you’ve posted of your yard. What a gorgeous place to live!

MaryFran said...

I'm like you and try to do all my errends on one trip to town. It wears me out totally some days. Did you get your walk in?????

Tony said...

I hate waking up early in the morning too. It totally sucks. I wish I could retire, but I haven't even graduated from college yet