Friday, June 27, 2008

Lost and Found...

I was in a panic day before yesterday. I'd lost my cell phone. It's not like me to lose things like that, but when I checked my purse while in the Wally World area it wasn't in the little pocket I keep it in. I'm on my daughters boyfriends service because I don't have cell coverage where I live (more on that later) and only use it traveling. I called her to find out the last time I'd used it and they had thrown the bill away after paying it. I searched the house upside down and looked in the compartments in the car to see if I'd stashed it there. Couldn't find it anywhere so I called the cell carrier to cancel the phone and order another one. They wouldn't let me do it without the PIN and he was a work. After searching for over 3 hours I finally remembered my purse falling over into the back seat and sure enough it was under one of the seats. Whew. Sure am glad the cell carrier wouldn't let me cancel it right away.

The reason I can't get cell coverage here is because I live fairly near Green Bank National Radio Astronomy Observatory. It is a really cool place. There are several HUGE radio telescopes. Cell towers interfere with them so the only towers that are allowed in the county are in one city and it only has a range of 2 miles. There's been some talk of putting them up in other areas of the county and having them pointed away from Green Bank. Sure wish they'd do that because OnStar also won't work in this area and if someone needed to contact them for roadside assistance or an accident from their car, they couldn't do it.

Have a fun filled weekend.

3 comments:

MaryFran said...

Very glad that you found your cell phone. I work myself into a total state of panic when I 'lose' something like that. Thank heavens you were not able to cancel and that you found the cell phone before tooo much time had elapsed!

JC said...

What a bummer??? I know that instant panic feeling from losing something important. Glad you found it. Have a great weekend. Great picture btw.

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

So glad you found the phone! I'm searching for something I lost and it's driving me CRAZY! Maybe your good fortune will be contagious! :)