Saturday, January 31, 2009

More of the Same...

My WiiFit package arrived yesterday. Very interesting how that thing works. And fun to use. Sure hope the novelty doesn't wear off too soon. When it sets up it tells you what your WiiFit age is and so far I'm a year younger than the calendar says I am. Kewl!

So needless to say I got some exercise in yesterday. And eating was good.

Did I tell you that the UPS guy refuses to come on my mountain to deliver anything? Well, he won't. I could turn him in but I'm not that kind of person. Anyway, he delivers my packages to one of my neighbor's business that's close to town. Then the neighbor drops it off on his way home. Sometimes Ernie is a little lax in remembering and it will set in his truck for a couple of days. I guess he's in a hurry to get home and relax. But lately he's been bringing my packages on the day he gets them. I asked him yesterday how the mountain road was and he told me to not try it unless it was really necessary. He said it is a sheet of ice. He has to stop at the bottom and put chains on his tires then takes them off when he gets back to the bottom the next morning. He is such a nice guy. He told me yesterday to give him a call if I need anything from the store and he'd bring it to me.

Just one more month of this yucky weather (I hope). It will still be cold in March but at least the ice may melt that month. My friends in Virginia have a garage apartment that's furnished and they have offered for me to come there to spend my winters on flat ground but I just don't like to leave my home.

Have a great Saturday our there in blog-land.

6 comments:

MaryFran said...

What a blessing to have good neighbors and friends!

Woo hoo on the Wii!

grammy said...

Great neighbor. We are blessed to have really good ones too. Have you been playing a lot with your wei...I don't know how yo spell that. lol My son has one. We should borrow it. A couple at our Bible study has one and talks about it a lot. They had a bowling tournament at their house. How fun.

JC said...

Congrats on the Wii!! I'm looking forward to hearing you post about it. You are so blessed to have friends and good neighbors.

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

Great neighbors are priceless!

Glad your wii arrived. Don't overdo! :)

Heather said...

love the idea of you on a Wii Fit! :)

SeaShore said...

Sounds like you have a very kind neighbour.

Have fun with the Wii!