Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Hey Jude...


Meet the newest member of my extended family. Her name is Jude (first name Hey :o). She is a rescue puppy and is part Lab. She became a member of my closest friend's family this weekend. They lost their beloved Sophie in November and didn't even know if they would get another dog and along came Jude. She was named Jude because he was the patron saint of the lost, "and now she's found." I am so excited to meet her. They promised to bring her the next time they come to visit and I hope it's soon.

Yesterday I went a little over my calories (1730) but with the 528 I burned it turned out alright. So I'm counting that as a good day because the overage was all healthy foods. I had a little problem during my exercise and had to cut it short by 5 minutes. I got right dizzy and had to set down to keep from falling down.

I have two cats and I banished them to the outside about a year and a half ago because they are long haired and I got so tired of all the hair everywhere. Well, I have let them back in since it has been so cold and the hair is driving me crazy. I have to pick them up and throw them outside (not literally) because they are afraid they won't get to come back inside. I don't have a litter box in the house anymore and I really don't want to smell that awful smell, but they have been good and held it for the outside. I'm afraid they are now expecting to live in the house all the time now so I'm going to leave them out all day today since it is supposed to be in the thirties. Maybe I can get them used to only staying in here at night. I'll have to say it really makes for a warm and cozy bed with two dogs and two cats all snuggled up against me. The cats stay at the bottom of the bed and are really good at keep me from getting toe-cicles.

Hope you're keeping warm and having a good day.

8 comments:

Donna B said...

Cute puppy!
Take it easy with the exercise and dizziness. Are you eating enough protein before and after exercising? I have gotten dizzy a few times and realized I didn't have anything to eat prior to exercise. Keep up the good work!

Shelley said...

I hear ya on the cat hair - I have 2, plus a dog, and they are a mess! Take care of yourself with that dizziness, especially since I don't think the animals can call 9-1-1.

Fatinah said...

how much protein are you eating missy???? and don't forget to drink before your work out as well as during!

Fatinah said...

oops - meant to also say:

keep up the good work AND
that puppy is too cute!

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

Oh, Jude is soooo cute! (I need a puppy to hug.)

Dizzy doesn't sound good. Do you suppose your blood pressure might have dipped? I ran into that issue a lot when I first started exercising and still do, occasionally. It's not like I'm about to pass out; the room just feels a little twirly.

Great (and practical) attitude on the high-end calorie day. Not a scale buster by any means, but it helps to be aware of it and how it fits into the greater context of the week. {pats on back}

Shrink to Fit said...

Whoa, lady, take it easy! Are you drinking enough water? Please be careful!

Hey, Jude! Sooooo cute. Now that song is stuck in my head!

I have two cats that live outdoors, too. One would really like to be inside but the other girl is not to be confined! I live with two hairy dogs (pics on my blog) and that is a never ending battle. If I didn't love 'em so darn much, I wouldn't put up with it. ;)

JC said...

Cute puppy and a cat story you are playing up the animals today. Train one of them to call 911 for you in case you continue to get dizzy. Did you sugar level drop? How long were ou dizzy. Please take care of yourself.

SeaShore said...

Think of all the exercise you get cleaning up all of that fur!