Saturday, December 6, 2008

Soup Weather...

Found something really yummy. I made a pot of Taco Soup and had a left over corn muffin. It was soooooo good. The soup is yummy in it's own right but with the corn bread it is even better.

And soup weather is definitely here in the mountains. It was 15 when I got up this morning at 8:00.

I'm having trouble with my satellite and have a repairman coming this afternoon to fix it. He called to get directions and asked what the problem was. (Guess technical support doesn't give the repair men much info on what is wrong, they must just call and say this person needs service.) When I told him it was error number 004 (which is what comes up on the screen periodically) he had no idea what that was. This is going to be a fustercluck for sure. And I was impressed that he actually has 4-wheel drive so that means he won't have any problems getting up the mountain. I haven't been off the mountain in a week so I don't know how bad the main (dirt) road is coming up but I know my driveway is clear.

We still haven't gotten any snow and they are predicting it every day. Only 20% to 30% but you'd think I would see a flake now and then. Hey, I'm not complaining about it though. I just hope it holds off until after my doctors appointment on Tuesday. Then I've got a dentist appointment the next week but that one I can cancel if the weather is bad. And since I hate going to the dentist almost as much as getting the dreaded yearly body exam, I won't mind putting that one off until better weather. I was kinda stupid for making it in December anyway.

Had one of my munchy nights last night. I was just thinking about that the other day and was amazed that I had quit munching all evening like I used to. Guess it's going to hit in cycles. It was really hard to break that habit, so I hate to start it up again. I broke it by just mind over matter. Every time I'd get a craving I'd just stand up, walk around the living room a while and assess my hunger level. If it was just cravings and not hunger I'd set back down and continue crocheting or watching TV. If it was really bad I'd get ONE Hersey's dark chocolate kiss and put it on the roof of my mouth and tell myself that it was all I was going to get in the sweets category. And if it was salt that I craved I'd have a few (and no more) almonds. It took a couple of weeks and a lot of will power, but it finally kicked in and I haven't had the cravings in a while. It does help to make sure I am really full after supper.

Have a great weekend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It seems to me that most of my cravings (binges) came about from starving myself. If I eat small amounts of fatty protein foods (a strip of bacon, chocolate almonds, walnuts, cheese), I don't tend to crave things. The non-fat silliness I was brought up with seems to have caused all kinds of problems