Wednesday, December 31, 2008

A Loss...

Official weigh in today! 4.5 off! Even got my exercising in yesterday. Was only able to stand 15 minutes because I stupidly put it off until after supper and I was still a little too full. Won't make that mistake again today. Now I only have a half pound to go to be where I was before Christmas. I'm so looking forward to new numbers. I know, I know, I'm a scale junkie at heart.

The wind kicked up before dawn this morning and I thought it would blow me off the mountain. Then the snow started. There's only about an inch and a half out there now and it sure is beautiful. Just hope the accumulation stays on the low side. National weather says we will only get 3 inches. That's enough.

Since my mailbox is at the bottom of the mountain, I tend to not check it everyday. I only check it when I'm going off the mountain for something else in the winter. In the summer I'll hop on the ATV and run down there to get it more often and enjoy the scenery a little while I'm out. But I haven't been to check it since last Tuesday. I just did (before the snow got too high) and was surprised with another Christmas present. It was from my NJ daughter. She made me the most gorgeous place mats. Going to clean my table off (crafting supplies all over it) today and take a picture of them. You're gonna love them. Both of my girls are so talented in the crocheting department and other departments as well. I am so proud of the women they have become.

Today and tonight will be quiet ones for me. I was invited to a New Year's Eve party but declined because I don't want to be out driving alone on New Year's Eve in the snow. Especially with the crazy drunks in this county that will be out there. And besides I don't have anyone to kiss as the new year rings in except my pups and they weren't invited. So what are your plans?

Enjoy the last day of 2008 and here's all my best wishes that 2009 will bring all of you what your heart desires. Maybe we will all reach goal in 2009 or maintain it if you already have.

7 comments:

Shelley said...

Congrats on the huge loss - good for you for taking control back before things got too out-of-hand!

Happy New Year!

SeaShore said...

Woohoo! Congrats on 4.5 down!

I'll be spending NY's at home too, due to the snow.

Fatinah said...

you brat - what a great job!

Donna B said...

WOW you had a great week! Keep up the good work. Heading out to friends house tonight and really need to watch what foods I eat. Not much healthy available and that is fine, it is their party. I just need to learn how to say NO!
Happy new Year!

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

Woo-hoo! Take that, stoopid Christmas pounds! :)

I'm home this NY's Eve, which is right where I want to be. Catching up on blogs is a fun way to spend the evening.

Happy New Year, my friend!

Heather said...

Happy New Years! :)

MaryFran said...

Woo hooo on the loss!!!