Saturday, December 13, 2008

A Good Day for Chili...

It's been a rather quiet couple of days. Once the rain and flooding stopped the snow started and it got really cold again. Just a dusting this time but I think it's going to be that kind of winter.

Eating has been on target and exercising could use some work.

May have some company tomorrow, just for the night. So, I made a big pot of chili just in case. And if they don't come I will freeze it and be set for a while. Gonna make some Pumpkin Custard (crustless pumpkin pie) just in case and hope that they don't eat it all so there will be plenty for me. I love that stuff.

I've got all my Christmas shopping finished except 2 gift cards. Will try to go to Lewisburg on Tuesday and take care of that, then I can say I'm done.

Hope your weekend is pleasant and not too hectic during this season. Don't forget to stop and take a deep breath or 12 and remember what it is all about.

6 comments:

Donna B said...

Sounds like you are on target and doing well. Sunny and not as cold here today, but my sore throat will keep me from walking outside. No snow in the forecast. Keep up the good work eating and exercising!

MaryFran said...

Sorry I've been MIA this week! Sounds like you've been doing pretty well!!! Yeah for bringing it to teh doctors attention. I think Doctors need to be reminded that it is possible to lose weight without pills and surgery!!!!

JC said...

Glad your having a good weekend and staying on target food wise. Put in Richard's exercise video, It will make you feel good. I've been listening to Christmas music all day on internet radio. AWESOME. Hope company leave you some pumpkin custard. Sounds very yummy.

grammy said...

I have been reading your posts I missed. Good to get to catch up. I am making soup tonight. It is soooo cold here. This soup is low cal and really good. How was your company? Come see some pics of New York City.

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

Mmmm, chili! It's cold here, and I'd love some good chili about now.

Thanks for the pumpkin custard recipe. I've got a pot-luck on Sunday, and this might be a good dish to take!

Stay warm!

Anonymous said...

All you Christmas shopping finished? Wow. I usually don't even start until the date is a two digit number beginning with "2".