Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas to All...

We had our little Christmas dinner a bit early this afternoon. I set a special place for "the kids" with their own little place mats. We had turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes, green beans, creamed corn and cranberry sauce. Actually they had all of that except for the dressing and cranberry sauce. I didn't figure they'd like those so I left them off their plates. I think they really liked it because as you can see they cleaned their plates and didn't even spill anything. It was really funny watching them lick up the mashed potatoes.

It's sure interesting the way I've changed. When I got my plate fixed the first thing I dug into were the veggies. I've come a long way "baby." I haven't had mashed potatoes in a long time and they sure brought back memories. I only fixed two medium potatoes so that I wouldn't have a lot left over to haunt me because I made them like I used to with real butter and Carnation milk. I figured since it's Christmas that was one of my presents to myself.

I was invited to a neighbor's house for dinner but I declined since I already had the turkey breast thawed and have been looking forward to it for a while. Besides it's been really nice and relaxing.

I was contemplating baking cookies yesterday and decided not to since I'd be the only one eating them. But I've changed my mind. I'm going to whip up a small batch and ration myself with them. I mean what's Christmas without Christmas cookies?

I've heard from all my family and friends today and they are having a nice Christmas too. I hope yours was grand as well.

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night...

3 comments:

JC said...

Glad to know you are having a relaxing and peaceful day. Add me to the list of folks thinking about you.

MaryFran said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas meal! I had to call my husband over to see pictures of the kiddo's eating their meal!

grammy said...

Merry Christmas. I ate way to much today. Sounds like you did a great job (O: