Thursday, October 2, 2008

Yucky Wednesday...

Something crept up on me yesterday morning. At first I thought it was going to be a migraine because I started seeing flying triangles in my peripheral vision and got really sick to my stomach. I contemplated taking something but decided to wait and just lie down for a while (even though I'd only been up for 15 minutes or so). As the clock slowly turned I got slowly yuckier. Was running a fever off and on all day. Hey, that's just no fun without someone here to fuss over you. Even had to fix my own meals and still let the dogs in and out. Good grief! (Can you tell I haven't been sick since hubby died?) I feel better now, as in, really fine. Must have been some kind of 24 hour bug or something. Or maybe I'm just feeling alright now and it will hit me in a little while. Either way I thought I'd go ahead say hay, to y'all while I feel good.

So, weigh-in yesterday was a wash. I lost the pound that I'd gained last week. Whew, that's good. And I think I've decided that only stepping on the scales once a week instead of the multiple times a day is the only way I'm going to lose weight. I did some looking back at the weight losses or gains and was eating the same amount of calories both ways. The only difference was that I just couldn't stay away from that durn scale. It must have stressed me somehow and caused the mind to not let the weight go. So now I'm a firm believer in the once a week scale hopping. That seems to work for me, anyway.

I've got a class to go to tonight from 6 to 11. One of my neighbors talked me into it. It's a gun safety course. I haven't figured out yet why I'm doing it since I don't even own a gun but hey, it's something to do. I've talked about getting one ever since hubby died and never have. Living alone was a little scary at first but I've gotten used to it. Since we moved up here we rarely locked our doors but after his death I started battening down the hatches every night and anytime I leave the house now. The only person I see in my driveway that is uninvited is the man from the power company that comes to read my meter once a month. Guess that's one of the advantages of leaving all the trees in front of my house, no one knows there's even a house here unless I've invited them.

The leaves are really turning here already. Which is 2 weeks early for this region. They will be in full color by this weekend so I will take my little jaunt to capture some pics for you and post them next week.

Have a great day our there in blog-land.

8 comments:

MaryFran said...

You poor thing! I'm so sorry to hear that you were feeling miserably yesterday. Thank heavens you are feeling better today. My advice, take it easy and rest a lot today to make sure that whatever gunk was in your system is totally gone!

Have fun at the gun safety class!

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

I'm so sorry you've had the yuckiness! Hope it was just a 1-day thing.

I'm not sure what one says to a friend who's going to a gun class. Have fun? :)

JC said...

Sorry you were feeling yuck muck. Glad your better. I'm having a stressful day. One of my key personnel turned in her 2 wk notice today. I usually run to food when stressed but today I ran to you. I may visit you again tonight. I'm glad your not afraid up there on that mountain. I've never been afraid anywhere I've lived but so many women are. You are wise to lock up. Hope you have a great evening.

JC said...

Oh I forgot have fun at the gun safety class. I think that would be fun but I don't know why.

Heather said...

Boo for sickies. Yay for fall photos!!

Anonymous said...

here's hoping its a FAB FRIDAY.

headache free.

leading into an amazing (and amazingLY healthy ;)) weekend.

Candace MacPherson said...

Hope the yucks stay gone. I've noticed the leaves changing early this year too. Not sure what's up with that. Sheesh, we'll end up with snow before Halloween.

SeaShore said...

Glad you're on the mend! I'm looking forward to your fall photos. We're taking a long drive this weekend, but I think we're still a bit too early around here for the real show.