Friday, October 3, 2008

You Don't Look Like Yourself...

Well, I know one thing for sure. If I wasn't afraid to live by myself before the gun class I'm a little scared now. Not a lot because of where I live, but...Some of the horror stories he told to try to make a point were not pleasant. Especially home invasion stories. Think I need to get myself a shotgun to keep by my bed. Now comes the hard part of finding one that isn't so heavy I won't be able to lift it.

While standing in line to shoot at a target (with rubber bullets) my friend looked at me and said, "You don't look like yourself. I think you need to stop losing weight." Bull hockey, I think I look like myself! Who else would I look like? I know she's just jealous because she's supposedly been trying to lose weight along with me but won't give up desserts or sweet, sweet tea and she is the one that I finally talked into changing to olive oil and she is still using a half inch to fry in. I keep trying to tell her that she only needs 3 TBSP. at the most but she is a stubborn cuss. (She's lost 15 pounds in the last year and a half.) She invites me to her house for dinner at times and I refuse to go because of that. I invite her to come here to eat and she won't do it because she's afraid I'll starve her. After explaining to her what I was having one evening she was surprised and said that would probably fill her up. She still won't come unless I have something that she thinks isn't diet.

I took out a pork roast to thaw and am going to make homemade hand pulled barbecues for supper then freeze the right portions for myself for later. I'm going to call her today and invite her to come for those. She's been here before and had them when Cara was visiting and I never told her that every thing they were made with was low fat and sugar free. TeeHee.

Haven't felt bad yesterday or today so it must have just been a 24 hour bug. Thanks for all the well wishes. They made me feel loved.

Have a great weekend.

4 comments:

MaryFran said...

My dad is the same exact way. If he thinks something is healthy he won't eat it. The other night we ate with my parents. Mom and I laughed and laughed because we know that he would think that 'roasted potatoes' were healthy. So instead we had steak fries. You wanna know what we did differently to make steak fries??? Absolutely nothing! And he loved them!

The barbeque sounds really yummy!!!!!

Candace MacPherson said...

Hmmm, if looking like myself meant going back to my 'before' I'll take NOT looking like myself as a compliment. You're amazing. I'd come over for a meal any 'ole time. Just gotta get to West Virginia first...

grammy said...

"I think I look like myself" how funny. I have had people say to me, "You lost weight. Did you meanto? Yikes what is that suppose to mean. Well, I do know I am more wrinkeled, but hey, I am healthy. I want to see you holding a shotgun. Well at least you shold get mace or a stun gun. Wouldn't hurt.

Tony said...

Wow, she probably is jealous. Aren't friends suppose to be your support network?