Sunday, November 16, 2008

Hangin' In There...

I'm still here. Just haven't been in the mood to blog lately. Can't think of much to write about. Guess the ole creative juices aren't flowing. Still kinda low.

I'm still on this friggin' weight loss journey. Never fear, I haven't given up. I haven't weighed myself since Wednesday and there was a half pound loss. But it's still discouraging. I decided to just cover the scales up for a month or so. I even went 5 days without meat this week. Didn't really mean to but kept eating beans and taco soup (from the freezer) and peanut butter. Just didn't feel like cooking. Found some chili in the freezer and had it last night and that was the first time for meat. My colon told me about it this morning.

Hope you are all doing alright. I'll get caught up on what's happening in your lives as soon as possible.

4 comments:

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

Whew! I was going to write to you tonight if you didn't post something.

I'm glad you're hanging in there and hope you keep it up! It will be interesting to see what this change to your normal way of eating does to your weight loss. Sometimes a little jolt like this is all you need! Regardless of what the scale said, I'm proud for you that you've kept up the healthy eating!

grammy said...

Boy I was getting worried about you. Miss seeing what you have to say and miss your comments at my place. Sorry you have been a little blue. Just don't give up. I bet you have been reading a lot. You probably finished everything you had and came to the service for air (o: hugs!

Anonymous said...

I think covering the scales for a month might just do the trick. I was sitting here thinking what that would be like. What would it be like if I didn't weigh myself for a whole month. Or even a whole week? It sounds liberating! I'm tempted to try that.

I wanted to tell you something, Mommy. And I'm not saying this to try and motivate you or make you feel good. I'm speaking honestly. I am so proud of you for losing as much as you have and for sticking to it the way you have. If you stopped today and never lost another pound, I would still be so darn proud of you. I KNOW how hard this has been for you and I honestly didn't think you'd make it this far (sorry for the brutal honesty). With all the things going on in your life for the past several years, I am just proud to death of your huge accomplishment. You've really turned into a strong woman. I know you've always been strong in your own ways, but these past few years have been in a different way. In a way I've never seen before. Your life has changed whether you wanted it to or not, but you changed for the better. It could have gone so much worse (looking at Kathy as one example).

Anyway, I'll stop gushing. I just wanted you to know that your daughter is intensely proud of you.

MaryFran said...

I'm glad to hear that you are alive and well....even if the mood is blah!

I'm with you 100%!!

Take the time that you need for you and don't worry about getting caught up on everyone elses blogs until YOU are ready!!!! We'll be here when you are!