Saturday, April 26, 2008

Some Friends?

It just dawned on me that I didn't give proper credit for the recipe yesterday and I think I should. I got it from a TV program by Graham Kerr and he used shrimp as the meat. As I prefer the taste of shrimp alone I substituted the chicken and have (in my fatty life) used beef.

The walk went well this morning but I've ordered myself an MP3 player so it won't be so boring and I'll have more to occupy my mind than counting laps. I lost count this morning but had been checking my watch so I knew about when I would have the proper length in so I did that and added a couple of minutes. I now have a plan. I'm going to continue what I'm doing for one week then increase it by going down a circuitous route of my driveway. It's actually circular and one part is steeper than the other so I'll go down the steep part and back up the less steep part. I'll do that for a week and reassess my plans. Ain't it grand to have a plan?

A friend has asked me to go out to dinner with her tonight but I have declined. There just isn't any restaurant in this area that doesn't fry everything in lots of grease and I'm just not ready to sabotage myself right now. She's rather upset with me and keeps telling me that one night won't hurt but obviously she isn't as committed to her diet as I am. She's only lost 12 pounds in the last year and can't for the life of her figure out why it is so slow. I keep trying to tell her that eating out the way she does and where she does and the iced tea she drinks with 4 cups of sugar to the half gallon isn't the way to lose weight. And she keeps saying, "but I eat smaller portions." I've tried to get her to do what I'm doing but she just won't. She also fries everything in an inch or two of grease. She has high blood pressure and cholesterol problems and just can't understand why. She's rather hard headed and won't listen to me at all. The last time I went to visit her she jumped my case about my baggy clothes. Now I do have a couple of shirts that fit nicely but just bumming around I don't use them. I'd have to wash every other day to keep them clean. And going to visit her is bumming around in my book since she is just across the road from me, why dress up?

I've stayed off the scales this week so I have no idea what they will say come Wednesday. I'll just have to wait and see. I know I've stayed on program and only used 1.5 of my flex points so far. I just made the strawberry pie and am really looking forward to a piece after supper. I stupidly forgot to buy the FF Jello so had to use some regular. It will only increase the points to 2 for a slice so that will just have to do.

Hope you all had a great Saturday and will have a wonderful Sunday.

1 comment:

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

I'm almost giddy with excitement reading your walking plans!! It was about this time last year that I started playing with challenges for myself, and I remember how much fun I had. I'm glad you're having fun with it, too.

I have a couple of hard-headed friends, too. :) It's tough for them to understand that there are some restaurants that are once- or twice-a-year places now.

No matter what the scales say, you've had one heckuva successful week!!