Friday, April 25, 2008

Day 2 and a Recipe

Thanks Cara, Donna and Cammy for the encouragement and the ability to roll out of bed (yeah, I rolled this morning) and get out there and do it again. My little girl sent me flowers for starting the exercise regiment! Virtual flowers but what the hey, Mom's appreciate them too and these won't wilt. As a matter of fact they are on the fridge as a reminder. I did the required 22 laps today, so that was a mile. And I have a blister on the bottom of my middle toe now. Think it must be from scrunching the toes. I usually wear clogs and guess the toes didn't realize they were in sneakers today.

I was so excited yesterday that I really wanted to go out there and do it again but since it was my first time I thought it best to just wait until this morning. The legs were a bit wobbly most of the day. But it was invigorating. I thought to myself, "OH, NO, these bloggers have turned me into a junky." I really felt energized until late afternoon and the system crashed. It wasn't so easy this morning but since I have confessed starting I can't stop now or you will all know about it because try as I might I wouldn't be able to keep my big mouth shut. I'd let it slip that I had bakslid. Thanks girls :o) for keeping me going.

The doggies followed me around about once then sat in the middle of the driveway and just watched. They really think I'm crazy, you know. They get plenty of exercise on their own. When I let them out in the mornings they are usually nowhere to be seen for at least an hour and sometimes 2-3. They head for the woods and sniff out any creatures that may have roamed during the night, I guess.

I didn't do so good yesterday on my eating habits. Well, I only dipped into my flex points by one but I had to eat a salad last night while watching TV because I was really hungry. Reminder to self, "Plan better today." Well, the plans are in the making. I've taken out a chicken breast to thaw because I'm having Chicken Paella tonight (and tomorrow night since one breast makes enough for two meals). Here's the recipe:

CHICKEN PAELLA

Lightly brown chicken breast in 1 TBSP olive oil.
Slice 1 onion and 1 sweet green pepper over chicken.
Add 2 cloves garlic chopped.
Cover with diced tomatoes. (fresh are the best but I am using canned).
Place lid on skillet and simmer until chicken and veggies are done.
Remove lid and place a layer of mozzarella cheese on top.
Replace lid and simmer until cheese is melted.

I used to serve this over rice for my hubby (hence the paella) but now I just eat it without the rice to cut down on the carbs. This recipe is 6 WW points for one serving because I use the REAL cheese since the fat free doesn't melt very good so you can be the judge and change it accordingly.

Hey its a 30 minute meal! So you working girls can fix it quick after work.

2 comments:

FluffyDonna said...

Haha! I never thought I could help make someone an exercise junky! muahaha. In a few weeks, maybe you'll be ready to tackle a little hill? You think?

Congrats on completing the mile! :)I can just see your dogs now, lookin' at you like, what are you doin' crazy lady!!

The chicken paella sounds yummy, I should make it this weekend! Hubby would get a kick out of it if I cooked him something for once, haha

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

Hey, that blister is a Badge of Honor! Your EARNED it! Go, YOU!
I'm so thrilled you got out there again today. Also that you're listening to your body and knowing when you've had enough of a good thing for one day. LOL

Thanks so much for the chicken recipe. I may even have to try that, and I don't even cook! *G*
I'll bet it would be good with green beans. Mmmmm...

Have a great weekend!