Tuesday, June 2, 2009

I HATE TO CLEAN THE KITCHEN...

I think you all know this if you've been reading me for any length of time but yesterday it got ridiculous. When I got home from my shopping trip on Sunday with my "chatty buddy" I just unloaded the car onto my kitchen table. Groceries, clothes, empty water bottles, etc. After putting away the cold stuff from the groceries I vegged out the rest of the evening. After all, shopping IS hard work :o)

Well, yesterday (around 4:00 PM) I couldn't stand it anymore so I started on the kitchen. Ran some water for the dishes while starting to cook my supper. I finally got the kitchen done at around 11:00 last night. Yep, it took me that long. No, it wasn't that dirty or cluttered. I just couldn't make myself stick with it until it was finished. I'd wash a few dishes, then go to the computer, then back to the sink where the water had escaped and had to run more (that happened 3 times), then back to the computer. I think I'm addicted to the computer. What do you think? Maybe I need a life :o) Don't know if I've ever told you but I almost have my masters in computer programming (that's where I met my last hubby). Course that was before the Internet was so popular and they didn't offer classes on HTML and the other stuff that is so popular now (you know like back in the olden days). But that's how I got addicted to computers.

Thanks for all your great comments on buying clothes, it was fun and to heck with the gas costs. It's kinda funny because all I really bought was stuff to wear around the house. That's what I was lacking in. I bought 3 pairs of carpi's made out of t-shirt material and 7 t-shirts (all on sale of course), and some undies and athletic socks. I was so looking forward to the comfy carpi's that I put on a pair with one of my new t-shirts and pranced around thinking I looked grand, until I looked in the mirror. Oh, well, that's a story for another time. After having supper where I had spilled some on my new carpi's (but they wash well) I noticed a 6 inch row of little holes in them about mid thigh. ARGH! and I had already soiled them! Now I know why they were on sale. I grabbed the other two pairs and checked them out at length and they are ok. Think I'll just ravel out a piece of fabric and put a funky patch on them, after all they are just for around the house.

My eating was great yesterday and it showed on the scales this morning :o) Got outside yesterday afternoon and fired up the weed eater and hit the sides and middle of my gravel driveway. I almost fell about 3 times going down the steep part and decided then and there that I'm no spring chicken and I'll leave the driveway for someone younger when they come to visit. Got the replacement blade for my lawn mower and now I'm ready to get out there and mow, but it doesn't need it, durn. I'm not the type that likes a lawn cut too close. I like it green and lush looking so I'll wait a few days.

Have a great day blog-buds!!

16 comments:

VRaz60 said...

I love the feeling of having all my groceries at the ready, but I hate shopping for them, and then putting them away.

Gotta get me a "grocery elf" who makes my fridge and pantry all nice and neat and organized. Know where I might find one?

grammy said...

You have to take a picture of your cute stuff you bought. Even if you washed them you could take them back with a receipt. The patch sounds fun though (o: I have a book from the library that was only a ten day book because other people have it on hold. 'Borderline' by Nevada Barr. The dump computer keeps me from reading. Who ever thought that could happen to me??? Better go read (o:

Lolly said...

Your blog is great and 70 pounds...wow!!! You are an inspiration!
And regarding cleaning....I think I am allergic to it... :)
Have a great Tuesday!
~Lolly

jinxxxygirl said...

Thanks for cruisin' by my blog! I too hate to clean PERIOD! And i hate to say i do less of it now that its just hubby and i at home. My home is the cleanest when i know someone is coming to visit....have to keep up the illusion you know...shhhhh.....LOL!I hope you do decide to do the contest.....shoot i hope i can pull it off smoothly.....stop laughing!!! :)You never know maybe it will help inspire us all for the month. Catch ya later. Jinx

Patty said...

I gravitate to the computer too often myself..read blogs, read news, read email, find new recipe, look up nutritional data, see when baby geese start flying, check the weather, read blogs, see who is going to be on Oprah, read blogs. :-)

I would rather go grocery shopping than clothes shopping. I'm a freak!

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

You described my everyday cleaning routine perfectly!

Woo-hoo! on the yard work. (I love the image of you and the weedeater slaying the mountainside; it's empowering somehow.)

Anonymous said...

I don't mind grocery shopping, I HATE putting them away.

I'm on the computer too much also...but I do enjoy reading the blogs!

JC said...

U make me laugh. I hate to clean as well so I totally understand about starting and stopping while cleaning the kitchen. Pitiful thing about being alone, no one picks up or cleans up after us. We have to do it ourselves. UGH!!

Natalia said...

You and I must be kindred spirits! I hate cleaning, period! I'm supposed to be cleaning right now. I try to do 15 mins of clean and then 15 mins of play, over and over until something is clean. But, it usually turns out to be 15 mins of cleaning, 5 days of fun. LOL :)

JC said...

O K it is time for another post. Are you still cleaning?

Patty said...

I have been thinking the same thing JC. :-)

Anonymous said...

Gosh its great to read blogs like yours, so many gals just like me who hate either grocery shopping or putting the groceries away. Now I don't feel so bad making my hubby do it most of the time. Actually, he likes it because its such a break from the job. Whew, am I ever lucky. Heh, who isn't a computer junky today. I certainly am, feels funny if I miss a day. I like the idea of a grocery elf too, let me know if anyone finds one. Linda

JC said...

GEEZE Mountain Woman, no one's kitchen is that bad off. Are you sick??? On a blog vacation?? On a cruise where there is no internet service? I'm having withdrawals. Help a girl out. Post something! Anything!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your weight loss accomplishments! I must agree with you, I hate going grocery shopping, but for some odd reason I love putting them away... or just eating them :)

逆円助 said...

さあ、今夏も新たな出会いを経験してみませんか?当サイトは円助交際の逆、つまり女性が男性を円助する『逆円助交際』を提供します。逆円交際を未経験の方でも気軽に遊べる大人のマッチングシステムです。年齢上限・容姿・経験一切問いません。男性の方は無料で登録して頂けます。貴方も新たな出会いを経験してみませんか

精神年齢 said...

みんなの精神年齢を測定できる、メンタル年齢チェッカーで秘められた年齢がズバリわかっちゃう!かわいいあの子も実は精神年齢オバサンということも…合コンや話のネタに一度チャレンジしてみよう